More of everything
The Astus 22 takes the design of the Astus trimarans further: more speed, more space, and more versatility. With 28 square meters of sail area, it reaches high speeds effortlessly even in light winds. The large cockpit (1.8 meter wide) provides ample space for 8 adults, with vast trampolines providing another 8 square meters of sunbathing space. The vast cabin offers four berths and ample storage and sitting space.
Sail effortlessly in total confidence
Higher speeds do not come at the expense of stability or ease of handling. The Astus 22 floats, 4.6 meters apart with 850 litres of buoyancy each, provide reassuring stability even in harsh weather conditions. Furthermore, the Astus 22 has blocks of polystyrene foam built in the hull to make it unsinkable.
Whether you’re sitting in the cockpit or in the cabin, the Astus 22 offers surprisingly vast accommodation for a trimaran of this size. The twin centerboards free the cabin floor, providing easy access to the four berths and galley area and ample dining space for five people.
- Easy to move around due to its light weight
- Easy to launch and recover due to its telescopic float mounts and singlehanded mast stepping kit.
- At just 2.53m wide with the floats retracted, the Astus 22 can be towed by a medium-sized family car, opening the way to an unlimited variety of sailing grounds.
- Fixed portholes and deck hatch allowing lots of light into the cabin.
- Fiberglass hull, contact construction
- Aluminum mast and boom
- Dacron mainsail with lazy jacks
- Dacron jib on furler
- 2 trampolines
- Harken mainsail track
- 6 block mainsheet tackle
- Stainless steel pulpit
- Plexiglass side cockpit windows
- Opening deck hatch
- Anchor locker
- Storage lockers in floats
- Storage lockers in cockpit
- White gelcoat